Monday, February 10, 2014

Fabric Pattern storage

This week I've been trying to figure out how to organize all the sewing patterns that always seem to be scattered everywhere ALL the time! How do they get those things back into the package after cutting them apart? Its madness. THEN what about the ones that are different sizes of packaging, or different brands? What is a girl to do? 

Look on pinterest of course. I found some interesting ideas on there but they weren't really what I was particularly looking for so I had to dig into my own creative brain and this is what I came up with:


I bought one of these (or maybe two because I have so many patterns) boxes from Staples and then I simply cut the packaging up so I can see both sides; the back has all the measurements, notions those sorts of things so had to keep that as well. I taped it onto the front of the file folders, taped up the sides of the file folder and then inserted all the pattern pieces. 
This system has worked really well for me because I can take out the pattern I need and then put it back away without needing a huge area to refold it up into that tiny envelope. 

Hope you enjoy and stay tuned for what happened to the notions I had strung everywhere and the extra pattern pieces that didn't belong to a pattern.


No comments:

Post a Comment